Going into the weekend with a plan helps. try this for a couple of days or get your grocery list together so that the first of your week is taken care of!
This is just a sample day plan, simple with no recipes or complicated cooking styles! Pretty much what I regularly eat.
Breakfast and/or snack:
- Make a big fruit bowl filled with apples, papaya, mango, blueberries, blackberries, and kiwi today or tonight. eat a good helping of that with yogurt (no fruit/flavor added) and a few walnuts on top. a dab of honey
- sausage or bacon (2 slices) or eggs 1/2-1 cup of cereal you like with some fruit on top.- skim or almond milk
- get a rotisserie chicken or cook some chicken yourself and put it on a salad with raw veggies (zucchini slices, squash, peppers, carrots, celery) add tomatoes, avocado, walnuts or almonds, even some fruit bowl if you wish! use dressing (not a creamy based), I like raspberry vin dressings. some feta or goat cheese is great on this. use a variety of greens as the base, spinach or mixed greens and romaine for more crunch. (other options for protein: beans, turkey, salmon, leftover meat from the previous night, tuna)
- humus and veggies, rice chips or crackers
- peanut or almond butter and celery sticks or apples or on rice cakes
- chips and salsa, some sliced turkey or chicken on the side
- a protein bar or shake or CHUICE if you are in Atlanta:)
- fruit bowl from above with a handful of almonds/walnuts
- sliced turkey, motz cheese stick wrapped and dipped in mustard or humus if you like.
- taco salad – lean ground beef and low sodium McCormick’s taco seasoning. chips, lettuce, cheese, avocado, tomatoes. .sauté the vegetables you prepped for lunch in the meat. salsa. (no sour cream:()
- rice/quinoa mixed with roasted veggies (from the prepped ones at lunch – add asparagus, Brussel sprouts, roast at 400 with olive oil, rosemary, and salt) and spinach or kale (they wilt in the warm rice, add a few walnuts and dried cranberries for an added sweet flavor and crunch:)). Grilled fish, chicken, or pork chops. kabob them, bake, or grill. side salad.
- strawberries, dark chocolate chips, whipped cream in a bowl.
- Popsicle – don’t have to be a kid:)
- dark chocolate square
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk ice cream
Red wine of course.. or light beer.
Enjoy your weekend and don’t forget to SWEAT!!!
Sunday at 3pm for barre & 4pm for 60 min cycling with me at Flywheel Atlanta will be the perfect end to your weekend, see you there!