Last night’s Healthy 101 seminar was great, we had a fun crowd that battled through the terrible storm and traffic to stand around this awesome catering kitchen island and eat fresh food!
Everyone was supplied with a cutting board, knife, vegetables, forks, and even some wine as we began our hands on creating, education, and tasting.
What we made & tasted the different flavors of Kale 3 ways.
- Raw Kale Salad from The Get Real Diet (we learned how tenderizing the kale actually changes the cellular structure of the bitter tough green into a smooth, sweet easy to eat salad).
- Steamed Kale with Mediterranean dressing.
- Baked Kale chips for that crunchy fix.
We prepped for success using the following 3 rules:
- Choose organic if you can for the dirty dozen.
- Shop for 3-4 days of meals rather than trying to prep for a full week and end up with a fridge full of bad produce and no interest in eating it!
- Know what you are going to use your veggies for, omelette, salad, roasting, dipping, or blending, then cut & store them appropriately. Ready to pull out and whip up!
Everyone left with a pint of Chuice for the next day and a couple of containers full of carrots, zucchini, peppers, and apples for a successful healthy end of the week.
The August seminar will be focused on portion sizes!! I will have several food items measured out to show what a real portion size looks like and even venture into alcohol!!
Follow me here on this blog to find out when the next one will be. There will be a donation yoga class prior to the seminar held by Yoga Love so it will be a perfect healthy night.
Here’s to Making Healthy Happen together,
ps. I have The Get Real Diet books for $10/ea if you want one here in Atlanta just email me.