#MakingHealthyHappen means you want to be healthy but you don’t have time to sit and read through what the hell that means anymore!
You just need someone you trust (pick me!!!) to tell you something you can DO… NOW….so you can just Make HEALTHY Happen in your busy, stressful, active, full, and exciting life:)
So that’s what my “movement” (or facebook page and hashtag) is all about.
Today’s post is all about WATER and how to give yours a boost that will seriously make you feel, look, and function better immediately. This is something that you can make a part of your daily routine ever morning, afternoon in place of coffee, and at night before bed. Just try to do it when you can and be mindful of making it a part of life, not diet, weight loss program, or cleanse.
Here are 5 ways to enjoy your next glass of water:
1. LEMON JUICE – added to water (any temperature although warm reaches your system faster) gives you vitamin C, improves the PH balance in your body, gives energy, better skin, less stress, aids in weight loss, and improves digestion.
2. HONEY – A natural sugar that can give you a boost mid-day or in the morning in place of coffee (yeah right:)). It has tons of vitamins,minerals, and enzymes that you need. Honey soothes indigestion, cleanses the liver, removes toxins, flushes fat and combined with lemon any time it can be used to relieve symptoms of the common cold or dry cough.
3. CAYENNE PEPPER – alone or with your lemon water, this boosts your metabolism in the morning by increasing the temperature in your body. It stimulates the circulatory system, aides digestion, and regulates blood sugar.
4. CINNAMON + HONEY – together these reduce the risk of heart disease and lowers cholesterol. Enjoy this each morning, afternoon, and/or night if you have had high cholesterol or heart conditions in the past.
5. PLAIN – water alone is the best thing you can give yourself all day long. Warm or room temperature water reaches your system faster and ice-cold water requires some energy to warm it up before hydrating you. Both ways are needed right? right before a workout, maybe you want room temp water so you can get in and work hard. At work, make it ice-cold so you burn some calories warming it up:)
p.s. The right water bottle or jug makes all the difference:) Try Aladdin or the Bkr reusable bottes, they are my favorite.