How do you eat so clean? How do you eat real food and keep up with a busy life? How do you avoid choosing breads, crackers, cookies, and easy bagged items when you are busy?
This is the theme of my health coaching and entire Making Healthy Happen message. You PREP FOR SUCCESS and you do it often. You just can not expect healthy food to be available at home or on the go if you don’t make it happen. It’s so simple and you will see, it doesn’t require fancy taste buds and pinterest board recipe obsessions. You just need to bring it back to the basics, keep it simple, and start to enjoy the taste of real food more often.
Today is a great day to stock up on fresh, clean, cool vegetables and fruit to have on hand this week.
Start with this plan, add to it or pick one thing and Make Healthy Happen today!
First. go to the store with a list:
- fruit – apples, bananas, cherries, berries, mango, etc. whatever you think you can eat and WILL eat in the next 3 days.
- Protein – 2 dozen eggs, bacon, salmon filet, and I also got Boars Head chipotle chicken thick sliced for snacking!
- FAT – avocado and NUTS!!! I found Nutzo today, amazing… 7 different nuts and seeds in one jar and it is pricy but so so good. (see pic below, yes it is upside down bc they display it lid down for some reason)
- Lettuces – kale and/or spinach for smoothies, salads, and cooking. Other lettuces for big ASS salads!
- Vegetables – zucchini, squash, peppers, carrots, & celery.
- Other staples – hummus, cheese, chocolate, wine, oils and spices if needed, almond milk, lemons
Next, unpack it all and immediately put it next to the sink for quick washing, prepping, and storing. Have 1 or 2 recipes ready for the next few days but no more than that so you are not prepping a million different complicated things.
My protein recipe this week is: Grilled Salmon Kabobs!! I will cut my salmon, stack and season it on a kabob and store it for cooking later.
My side dish is a simple steamed green beans then sautéed with garlic and pine nuts. I have washed and cut the beans in my prep below so cooking them takes no time.
And the rest looks like this:
Boil as many eggs as you need, I usually boil a dozen and keep a dozen for eating… I love eggs.
Peeled the carrots and I like to leave some whole for snacking like this and slice some up for easier dipping in hummus.
nuts….seeds…and all that healthy stuff! (add to smoothies, top cereals, salads, eat raw, cooked with green beans, etc etc.!
I will also make this super easy dish (sans pepperoni add turkey for kids) with my zucchini this week. No need to prep the zucchini for this one but I do slice, or noodle, them for dipping and omelette making.
The best part is that you can now toss almost all of those little clear plastic baggies into the recycling bin and let your fridge be a beautiful rainbow of health:)
Enjoy and have a great week,
#MakingHealthyHappen starts with #preppingforsuccess